Welcome to the Hush City app!
With this free app, you are an active part of a citizen science research project to map and evaluate quietness in cities.
Our cities are becoming noisier by the hour. Only in Europe, over 125 million people are affected by noise pollution from traffic every year, and apparently, quietness is becoming a luxury available only to a few of us. By using this mobile app, you will contribute to making quietness available to all those appreciate it.
The Hush City app will help you to identify, access and evaluate “everyday quiet areas” in your neighborhoods. You can find places such as small, quiet spots where you can go to escape the city’s chaos, relax, read a book, play with your kids, and have a pleasant conversation. Chill out!
Join the community. It is simple.
- Download the Hush City app
- Go to one of your favorite quiet spots
- Record the sound where you are in the quiet spot
- Take a picture of the spot where you recorded the sound
- Answer the questionnaire about this quiet spot
- Share this information with your community.
Or, use the app to find a quiet spot near to you. Go to it and enjoy spending some time there.
Happy mapping :)